Bluetooth Not Connecting IPhone 4s, Iphone 5, MacBook Pro 2012

Anova Team,
Can someone in support please help us understand if Bluetooth is working on the device. And if it will connect to iPhone 4s, or 5 or 6. To make it useful either publish a clear FAQ on the bluetooth connectivity. Since IOS App is not there yet, an useful alternative will be very welcome. Please provide some guidance.

I have already visited the kickstarter page as well so you can guess why I am posting this here.

Thank you

@venkatmvr‌ The device won’t pair with your phone without the app. We’re slightly delayed with submitting the app as we dedicated all of our resources the past few weeks to finishing Kickstarter and pre-order fulfillment. We’re on target now to submit in the next few weeks for review/release. We’ll post an update as soon as we submit. Thanks for your patience.

@venkatmvr‌ The device won't pair with your phone without the app. We're slightly delayed with submitting the app as we dedicated all of our resources the past few weeks to finishing Kickstarter and pre-order fulfillment.

Angela, that’s totally understandable - but I’ve spent about 15 minutes trying to pair my phone with my new device, and searching the Anova web site for information about the app, without success. It would be much more user-friendly if the web site reflected the actual status of the app (“Coming soon to the App Store”) rather than implying that it exists today and further implying that I’m an idiot for not being able to find it. So far this has been a frustrating experience; I’m hopeful that cooking with the Anova will be less so. :smile:

totally agree with adamfrank64: do not imply that something exists! no app then , then say so. i wasted 30 minutes searching manual, app store etc!

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience. We’re looking to submit the app for approval in the next few weeks, and release it at the beginning of January. We want to make sure and deliver the best possible experience when we go live with this. We also posted an update here: http://blog.anovaculinary.com/pre-order-shipping-update/#more-1499

Thanks!

S000… 1st week in Jan (it’s 7th in Australia) - do we have an app yet? I got my unit today (yay!) and my android phone sees the Anova but will not connect - so BT is working on the phone. I presume it will not connect without the app.

If Anova has their app ready I will eagerly try it. There’s a 'quick & dirty" (their words) on Play from an Anova customer but they want $2.50 for it and there’s no free version to try. I’m reluctant to pay for an app before I try it and one of the comments on the app page implies they aren’t refunding money.

@Journyman I am the author of the app you mentioned (and it’s not anymore described as quick or dirty after the updates). Google Play has an automatic 2 hours return policy (Learn about refunds on Google Play - Google Play Help), but I offer refunds to anybody who asks.

Im using the Sous Vide Celsius iOS app with my AnovaI Precision Cooker & it pairs with Bluetooth just fine. See discuss here:
http://community.anovaculinary.com/discussion/352/sous-vide-celsius-for-ios-added-support-for-anova-in-latest-update#latest

Bluetooth will be less than useful anyway, due to the inherent very short range…

It’s January 19th and still no IoS app! I’m working manually and using PolySci site to give me sous vide times and temperatures but really waiting anxiously for Anova app. Can we have some real estimate?

Hi @Charlie, we apologize for the delay and are happy to share that we’re submitting the app to the store and expect about a 7-10 day turnaround on the approval, as per usual Apple app approval timelines. With that in mind, we’re hoping to have the app out for download by the end of the month, if not sooner. Thanks for checking in, we’ll post an update as soon as it’s available!

Hi @Charlie, we apologize for the delay and are happy to share that we're submitting the app to the store and expect about a 7-10 day turnaround on the approval, as per usual Apple app approval timelines. With that in mind, we're hoping to have the app out for download by the end of the month, if not sooner. Thanks for checking in, we'll post an update as soon as it's available!

So could we get an update on the Android app as well? I have both iOS and Android, but you promised both. I also second (third) the comment that Anova needs to take responsibility to convey the actual status of the apps since all your advertising implies that the apps are ready to go but somehow are nowhere to be found. I currently have two units which are just sitting around for you to release the apps so I can get the functionality that I paid for back in December.

@CommentatusMaximus I completely understand your frustration and would like to assure you that the iOS app has been submitted to the iTunes store and is currently in review, so we hope to receive notification from Apple of its approval any day now.

The Android app will follow in the weeks after the iOS app’s release and we’ll provide a more definitive timeline for it once the iOS app is available. We’re truly sorry for the inconvenience and we’ll continue to post updates. Please feel free to let me know if I can help provide further clarity around anything else.