Does Anova repair out-of-warranty devices?

Hey all…

I purchased my Precision Cooker (Bluetooth) back in March 2015. Last night, I was making steak and needed the device to run for > 60 minutes at 130. When I returned to check on it, the circulator had stopped, the device was humming, but the temperature was still 130.

From what I’ve read, humming and rattling seem to be a problem with this unit. Does Anova repair their circulators? Or at this point, should I toss it and get a Joule? In the last two years, I’ve only used the Anova maybe 35 - 45 times and am a bit disappointed that it has malfunctioned so soon.

I reached out to Anova Support before I knew about this forum, so I’m still waiting for a response.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Anthony

Hi @4nthony! We are working on setting up repairs in the future. It sounds like the issue you might have is fixable. The noise could just be coming from a slight bent shaft, which you can easily re-align back into place. Check out these articles for more information:

If you are still having issues, please contact support@anovaculinary.com and we will see what we can do for you!

Hi Hunter,

Thanks for the response. Several months ago when the rattling started, I removed the cap that protects the propeller and it quieted things down a little bit. Lately, it’s not just that it’s making noises, but rather the motor is audibly struggling to circulate water and shuts down after 15-20 minutes of continuous operation (however, the temperature remains consistent).

I’ve checked the shaft and it doesn’t look like there’s any bend in the visible area, but there might be something askew inside the unit that I cannot see.

I emailed support@anovaculinary.com and heard back from Cristy on 2/16 but after a couple follow-up emails, I haven’t heard back so I’m not sure what the current status of my inquiry is. I understand customer service can be busy so I’ll be patient and hopefully I’ll get a reply in the next day or two.

Thank you!
-Anthony

Hey Anthony, that definitely sounds like a bigger issue. Do you have a ticket number so I can look at your request? I can have Angela work on getting you a return unit.

So sorry this has been happening!

1 Like

Hi Hunter,

I think my ticket number is 220038.

Thank you!

-Anthony

Thanks Anthony, you should be getting a response very soon :slight_smile:

Thanks Hunter. I received a response from Cristy last night, but I’m not sure if my replies are being received.

When you view the ticket, do you see any of my replies?

Thanks again,
Anthony

Hi Anthoy, it looks like your last reply has gone though I can only guess that maybe something went wrong with the last one. You should be receiving a reply soon!

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a good place to post this or not but my situation is pretty much identical. My Anova was purchased in May of 2020, so it’s newer.

It really seems like there should be a way to have these repaired/reconditioned. It’s a LOT of money for it just to become a doorstop.

Suggestions?