Eye Of Round Roast Medium Done

2-1/2 lb Eye Of Round Angus Roast. 131F at 24 hours. First put spices and a sprinkle of Almond Flour all over and browned all sides in an Olive Oil hot skillet. Then into a vacuum sealed bag with extra soy sauce and skillet drippings for 24 hours. Spices: Soy Sauce, Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Dried Basil, Marjoram, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Almond Flour! Tender as any Filet

I do a lot of eye round and then freeze dry it. It’s lean which makes it more ideal for freeze frying. Comes back with a good texture. I do roughly the same timing and double bag. I’ll have to give that almond flour a try. I sometimes do them in the smoker for an hour and then bag them warm and right into the bath. I keep searching for a good way to put a flavorful crust on them.

Almond flour or just wheat flour can help brown the exterior of a roast, but I have no idea how to develop “a crust” on any roast. The only thing that comes to mind would be Beef Wellington. If you hand rub the spices into a beef roast and add flour in an oiled pan, you will probably get a small crust…but it will deteriorate when being cooked due to moisture in the meat. Good Luck! One thing you get with my recipe is awesome Au Jus in the vacuum bag when done.

1 Like

A local supermarket chain frequently sells whole eye round roasts for $1.99/lb, usually limit 1 per customer. I salt and pepper the hell out of it and char it on the grill. Then bag it and put it in the freezer until I’m ready. I’ve got 4 of them frozen and ready to go right now. 131F for 24 hours, then chill and slice thin for deli style roast beef sandwiches. It’s enough to make you cry!

1 Like