Precision Cooker WI-FI connection issues

Same problem here - got my cooker yesterday and can only monitor it. Hopefully it will get resolved quickly. One temporary workaround apart from manually setting the cooker is to use the “Anova Culinary” app instead of the wifi app. Works for me on IOS and over bluetooth.

Still no word from Anova :frowning:

Come on guys, if you want us to trust your product - INFORM US!!!

It’s OK to have problems, but be honest about it and keep your customers INFORMED. I just payed €199 for this thing and it’s not working as advertised, the least you can do is have the decency to let me know what’s going on.

Or should I just send it back and ask for refund?

You are proud that you are the only Sous Vide product in the Apple Store, but right now your customer service stinks and does in no way live up to what we as Apple customers are used to. 

I want to have confidence in your product, but right now you are undermining that in a big way - please do the opposite.

Hey all - I’m continuing to update the main post of this thread with added information.

ICYMI - We’ve updated the Android app (and it is now live on the Play store). We’re now waiting for Apple approval for the new build. Once you update, you will need to re-connect to your cooker. This will resolve any lingering issues you may be experiencing.

Thank you so much for your patience while we work through this!

> @Bill said:

Hey all - I’m continuing to update the main post of this thread with added information.

ICYMI - We’ve updated the Android app (and it is now live on the Play store). We’re now waiting for Apple approval for the new build. Once you update, you will need to re-connect to your cooker. This will resolve any lingering issues you may be experiencing.

Thank you so much for your patience while we work through this!

Started a 24hr test. Will let you know. Thanks for your work on this Bill!

I just got the latest update from the app store (I’m on iOS) and the app will no longer connect to my Anova WiFi. It was working fine last week, I used it to cook some chicken, but when I went to use it again tonight, no dice. It keeps saying “could not connect to Anova Wifi, cancel/retry”.

First, the cancel button does not work.

Second, even though it says “can’t find an anova precision cooker”, it sent me messages from the cooker. 

I’d started the cooker preheating, and I received alerts on my phone saying the water level was too low, and the cooker turned off.

I also received an alert, overlaying the “we can’t find…” screen saying the temperature was reached and I should add my ingredients. 

Hopefully the new update will fix this when it comes through.

Edit: the site here is odd - it says I posted 22 minutes ago right after I just hit “post comment”.

These problems persist.  I have the most recent iOS app available.  I am done.  I paid for a product that is supposed to work.  This no longer does.  i would like to send mine back for a refund.

There is no communication.  Support is useless in chat mode and dialing into support only gets you voicemail that has yet to be returned.  "Blogging" about this issue does not help us use a product that we paid good money for.

Great concept, but execution is a clear and total failure.

This post is written at 7:31 AM 08/02/2016

> @Bill said: > Hi All,

I wanted to briefly touch base that we're aware of an ongoing issue affecting some WI-FI cookers.
We're doing our best to get this resolved ASAP.

As soon as I have updates I'll be updating this main post.

/edit 1 655pm 7/24 PST: We're currently performing maintenance on our servers.
/edit 2 225pm 7/25 PST: Servers are partially online. You can currently view/monitor your cook via app, but you cannot change the temp/timer nor start/stop cooks. For now you will need to manually set the time/temp via the device hardware.
/edit 3: 430pm 7/27 PST: Android Users: Please update to the latest app on the Play store. Download here . The update will resolve the issues you're experiencing. 
iOS Users: Please update to the latest app on the App store. Download here . The update will resolve the issues you're experiencing.
/edit 4: 10am 8/1 PST: We've released a new updated app on the Android play store. We're now waiting for approval from Apple for the App store. This will resolve the lingering issues our customers are experiencing.
Thank you.

@mcollign - We’re still waiting for the updated app approval on the Apple store - that’s why you’re still seeing the issues you’re describing. 

Regarding support around the issues - the current fix in place will be to update to the new app once available.

Re: support attempts: I can dig in to see where you were having pain points - mind PMing me with your phone number/email used? 

Thank you!

I’m on iOS.

I don’t think we’ve missed anything.  

Your support informed us last week that version 1.1.5 released on July 27th supposed to fix the wifi connectivity issue from version 1.1.4; which turned out to be not true.  
Version 1.1.5 had the same failure as 1.1.4 (in fact it was worse, 1.1.5 couldn’t even connect to the device).

Back to my old question - What kind of testing or quality assurance you guys were doing?
First, you released 1.1.4 which didn’t work.
Then you released 1.1.5 which supposed to fix the problem but didn’t.

You are letting your customers down!  Also ruining your reputation.

I had a very hard time connecting to my Anova after the app updated. I restarted my device and it connected within 30 seconds. I am on Android however.

Hi there,

is there a newer version than 0.0.133 for android in the pipeline? I’m still having problems to connect my Wifi cooker.

Been running a cook today for 9 hours until now and monitored the temp remotely. So far it seems to work as planned on version 1.1.6 (iOS) I hope we never get problems like this again :wink:

Just updated to 1.1.6 (iOS), gave it a few test try and so far so good.

The only problem was that if I didn’t turn off my bluetooth on my first attempt to control the device, the app will only work with bluetooth connection, it won’t work on wifi.

Workaround was unpaired, reset, then paired the device, connected to wifi, immediately turn off BT after connection, then try control the device via wifi.

Just finished a 60hr test with my own temperature logger to verify. No random temperature changes. I have also had no problem using the wifi during that period.

I did a 12 hour cook and it went fine, however I did not get any push notifications when the timer reached zero or initially when the target temp. was reached.

Not sure what’s the point of it being connected if it’s not notifying me on my phone?
1 Like

I have an apple 6s and downloaded the app yesterday. It can connect when I’m on my own network and even when I turn off my wifi and Bluetooth at home but as soon as I leave my network and go anywhere far away, I lose connection. Is there a fix to this?

@Bill   I have been  having all sorts of issue with latest ios update. 2 different routers neither are 5ghz. the app will die and close while trying to pair, or it may show that it is paired but I get the dreaded try again. if it does manage to pair, I get the not found, unplug message. I have sent to messages to support in regards to this. I am an early adopter, I also own two bluetooth models. I have been trying to pair this device for the last 2 hours with no luck!

@Bill  for what its worth, I downloaded the regular release and loaded it on my ipad.I was able to connect my device to the network and run the cooker normally.  The latest beta version on my iphone 6 seesm to be the culprit.  I am going to the app store to down load the public version on my phone to see if t works there.

@Bill the app store ios version is working on my iphone. The Beta is absolutely the culprit!!

@bigfish3 - Thanks for the heads up! I’ve copied all this down and forwarded it to my dev team working on this :slight_smile:

I was told I cannot connect to WIFI because my SSID name has a space???
I have a smart home and if I change it I’m looking at having to change 30 other connected items just for this to work.

Come on is this really the case or is it another trouble shooting to keep me away for a few days ?