Suggestion & Input for Community Forum Guidelines

Alright, folks. I’m thinking about updating out community guidelines/rules. Right now it’s kind of crappy because it’s not very clear. Would love your input and suggestions (I mean, this is like your home too). :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say to think about how you’d like this community to look like. Also, think about any issues you’ve seen that didn’t make it feel comfortable hanging out in here.

Thanks, everyone!!!

Feel free to plagiarize as much as you like from the MacRumors forums. :slight_smile:https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201265337-Forum-Rules

No political discussions. No racism, bigotry or prejudice of any kind allowed (on that item, I’d allow one warning, then a lifetime ban if a repeat).

I’d moderate any product complaining threads (make them non-viewable to all but the existing contributors) - these tend to get a lot of “pile on” activity from people lurking in the shadows.

One of the biggest complaints of people has been getting the wifi setup working - which is usually a result of:

1. Their inability to follow instructions
  2. Non-mainstream wireless access points / configuration
  • you guys should have mitigated item 1 by putting a WPS setup into the APC.
1 Like

@fischersd thank you so much.

I have been thinking for awhile on how I can organize feedback and complaints on here so that they are heard, but also doesn’t affect the overall experience for everyone in here. Also, thank you for sharing those forum rules. I’ll look into it and see what makes the most sense for this platform. I also want to make sure it’s straight-to-the-point, yet clear on how this forum should be used.

Hopefully that everyone else can add to this thread. I want to add guidelines that make sense for everyone. It’s not my community, it all of yours! :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like