Unable to start/stop a cook

I used my Anova Precision Cooker last week and it worked fine. I tried to use it just now and I cant’t start or stop the cooker using the App. The App connects to the Anova Precision Cooker just fine and it shows the correct temperature but it won’t start the cooker from the App. When I start the cooker manually I can’t stop it from the App.

I’m using iOS 9.3.3 and version 1.1.5 of the Anova App. Any help would be appreciated!

Exactly the same happens to me the last days: “The App connects to the Anova Precision Cooker just fine and it shows the correct temperature but it won’t start the cooker from the App. When I start the cooker manually I can’t stop it from the App”.

I’m usisin the android app.

so I get my anova today, have the same problems… unable to start the cooker with the app but connection is right good

Same here. It was working fine but now I can’t start or stop it from the app.

I see the temp just fine.

When I hit start cook, it flashes up Connect Anova. I hit that, it takes me to Please plug in your cooker etc, I hit done, it tells me it is connected, but still I cannot start or stop it…

Frustrating!!

> @vanfrenzy said: > Hi Anova Team, 

well, this is a really disappointing user experience. I discarded my old sous vide cooker because my best friend is a real friend of your products. So I just got the new precision cooker, enabling me to start cooking being remote. BTW this was the ONLY reason my Non-Tech-Wife “allowed” me to get this redundant cooker.
But: It’s not working at all. It just doesn’t start cooking via app (yes, it’s the latest version) even with your own featured recipes. I have to do everything manually (not even the bt connection works as decribed) and if that doesn’t change during the next days she’ll make me send it  back to you guys. Which would be really sad for both of us as I like this thing. Please, guys, do something NOW. Fix this major bug. Come on, it’s a cooking app not a fintech something. Get it going and make me, my wife and all the other guys above happy again. Thanks in advance!

As of today, I’m having the exact same issue. The last time I used the Anova, was Saturday, the 23rd. I can see the temp, et al, but I can’t start or stop the Anova via the app.

I’m also having the exact same issue. Was working fine until the last couple of weeks, cannot start the cooker from the app but the temp information is shown, so it’s definitely connected.

Same issue here. Unable to start/stop a cook from the app. I expect the issue comes from the newest version. Any official response on this issue?

Rgds
Stian

Seeing the same issue. I just got the cooker recently, so I can’t say that it ever worked. I tried for the first time a couple of days ago.

I am experiencing the same issue with the Android App.  I first noticed it yesterday (7/29/16).  I was able to set the temp locally and successfully perform the cook, but I can’t get the cooker to respond when using the app.  I would guess that a recent update bricked the functionality in the app, but I can’t be sure.  It’s unfortunate to lose functionality after purchasing and successfully using the device in the past.

Same here… 

App does not respond to start/stop
Timer set does not work
Temperature has been all over the place and ruined 6kg of brisket after a brining for a week as the temperature went up to near 80deg instead of 66deg. C. and boiled the snot out of it!

Now reset 5 times and finally it is steady again. but don’t really trust it now to run unattended.

The brisket still has 6 hours to go and not looking forward to opening it now. 
Seems that the app update a few days ago has some major issues.  

Do I send it back?

Same issue here - last week everything was working, now it isn´t.

Could we at least have an update - I mean, its 2 days ago now.

Same here, reconnected Anova and repaired. Still had to start by hand.

Please correct this asap. Is it due to Iphone update?

Same issue here. I have tried pairing with my Android and iOS device and both did not work. I have to manually start and use my kitchen timer to keep time.

Does any of the Anova support staff read this forum? It is totally unacceptable with the constant bugs with their software, just last week I was not able to pair, which I was told by the Anova support that there is some issue with their server and here after a week another issue.

@Peter_b said:
Same here, reconnected Anova and repaired. Still had to start by hand.

Please correct this asap. Is it due to Iphone update?

Not the iOS update - I am using Android, but the latest App update screwed it up.

It worked fine a week ago on the 24th.

Now the ‘updated’ app does not let me start/stop cook and the timer will reset itself.

Any word from Anova?

I’ve got the same problem. Been restarting the decide for a few times with different system (iPhone / Android).   Both worked NOT ok.  Unable to start and stop cooking whilst the monitoring is good only.  Been sending review to the App store hopefully they will fix this problem soon.

I have the exact same issue. can not start or stop or set time/temp.

We all need a fix ASAP.

Same here. It was working fine but now I can’t start or stop it from the app.