Why is my app requiring a f**king password now!

Now I am required to enter a user name and password to use the app to control my device via wifi?? Thats a tough pill to swallow. I DON’T LIKE IT. Will be buying a different brand and WILL NOT EVER recommend this device again.

1 Like

Unsure if you’ve seen this: Update on User Accounts – Anova Culinary

Anova are soon going to make accounts optional rather than mandatory, so keep your eyes peeled for the app update.

1 Like

Hey @harwell6395 we’ve heard the feedback and we’ll be rolling out some new updates regarding user accounts. Definitely recommend reading that blog post @Walter_Ego posted. And just know that we’re constantly taking feedback into consideration!

This was written more than 15 days ago. The problem was 20 days ago. I do not know what more patience they are asking for.

I agree. Not only do you have to sign in, but the password requirements are silly. 8 characters minimum, upper and lower case and special characters too… It’s an appliance, not a bank vault.

I want to cook, not mess with my smartphone. Now I’m locked out of my account.

Yes, I posted my own topic too. If you can’t tell I’m just a little pissed off.

2 Likes

@dsundberg sorry about that! I can understand why’d be frustrated. We are currently working on the app. Were you getting an error message before being locked out?

I finally got it to work. I had to wait an hour for the lockout to reverse. I was not getting any error messages except I had forgotten my password.

The required password is so difficult that I have to go to a password cheat sheet to log in each time. This is way too much trouble to cook food.

1 Like

This! Since I don’t want a $200 paperweight I created the account but the silly requirements are absurd. The fact that it’s a bait and switch from the cooker we purchased is one thing but the oddball password too?

Unfortunately that is only for the bluetooth cookers, not the wifi cooker. So perhaps it hasn’t been heard clearly.

@dsundberg oh gotcha. Glad you were able to get back into your account. We’ll take note of the feedback and I’ll pass it along. We are currently working on improving the app. Thanks for your patience!

I don’t use the app because the design is so poor, and it tried to upsell me to a wifi model (I guess buying a bluetooth model made me a second class citizen). Now I have to make an account to use the device that I own? Seriously? This is utterly despicable behavior and an obvious grab for user data.

To add injury to insult, the app will no longer connect to the device. Just grand. I can’t this any stronger: scrap the app and start over with different designers and a different attitude.

@turningfish if you have the BT model, the log-in thing is now optional. As far as your connectivity issues, shoot a msg to support@anovaculinary.com so they can troubleshoot the problem.