Anova terrible at keeping it's delivery estimate on confirmation email

So I ordered my second Anova bluetooth Precision cooker back in early November and was notified it will be shipped late November or by 2nd of December. Here we are on the 7th of Dec and I’m still waiting with no update to my order…

Whilst I’m extremely disappointed because I really need to get my order before I travel (it is a gift), it is the customer service that is really bugging me. I have emailed and live chatted to Anova and all they keep saying is it will arrive on the 6th of December - No it didn’t arrive yesterday!

To top it off, one agent provided me with a tracking code without a website! I tried it against the major delivery courier delivery systems and it is invalid on all of them.

This is my experience. I still haven’t got my order, not sure where it is and when it is arriving. I thought I would share my experience here for existing users and future buyers…

Customer service is responsive on the surface but utterly rubbish if you need them to chase an order or solve a problem.

Order number HK112311

Same here, getting very angry now !!!

Hi @jonathanlam and @neoleo, I’m so sorry this has been happening. The reason there have been delays is because we wanted to make sure that everyone making a new order got the new 900W version, which is taking a little time to get from the warehouse.

Also the reason the link to track your package didn’t work is because the Kerry Express site is currently malfunctioning. We are doing everything we can to try and fix the issue.

I just looked up your order, and I have the same information you were given from support, @neoleo if you give me your order number I can look yours up to.

Once again, so sorry for the delay, we are doing everything we can to fix the tracking issue and get you your cookers asap!

Wait so because I received mine early, last week means it might not be the 900w???
How can I tell which version I received!.??.

Yep, I’m kicking my-self too!
The 800w rating is on the front cover of the box your device was in.

There are two ways:

1. It will say 800W in the specs section (also reminder all bluetooth models are 800w)
    and 2. the packing will have a red on it.

also @Trevlan, just because you got it early does not mean you did not get the new version, all this depends on what country you ordered from and when you ordered. If it is US or Canada, and you ordered a Wifi unit, it should be the 900W version, but if you are international, it may be the 800w version.

(also reminder all bluetooth models are 800w)

Ah! I don’t feel so bad anymore.

Thanks @HunterC for the prompt reply and chase up. I appreciate your help along with other Anova agents who got involved to give me more information on my order.

My order arrived in the afternoon, so I am glad to report I can bring it with me for my trip and introduce a new user to Anova.

As a suggestion to Anova, it would be nice to highlight and/or list out the courier you use in each country and to provide a link to “Order look up” on the Contact Us page, so users don’t have to go through the FAQ.

It may also be beneficial for Anova and Kerry Express to update the target delivery date, as this was ultimately the problem I had with this order, given the time sensitivity.

Overall I got my order before leaving for my trip, so I am satisfied and grateful. Customer service was helpful after some back and forth, thank you for those who helped - @HunterC, Peter and Kristofer.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @jonathanlam! Those are definitely things we are trying to implement! I’m so happy you got your order and everything worked out. My apologies once again for the uncertainties.

Happy Cookin’!

@HunterC, you’re making me wonder again what the &%@* is happening. I have exchanged a number of emails with the entire support crew about my (international) order and the status of the delivery of my Wifi device. You have responded in your last email (Nov 24, 4:15 pm PST) that there’s a delay with the shipment from the Chinese manufacturer to the NL warehouse because you were sending out only 900W versions. That’s why, instead of the normal delivery time, it would take a couple of weeks longer.
You promised it would arrive between 5 - 12 december, meaning that I am expecting within the next 3 days my 900W version.
From your response above, I now read that I may receive the 800W version!!! The only logical explanation to me is that either you bullshitted me on the reasoning behind the late shipment or that you are dumping old stock with Int’l customers only. On top of that you appear to have changed delivery times again according to your holiday shipping times FAQ (posted on December 3rd) which is kinda sneaky because you leave it up to waiting customers to go back and find out themselves instead of informing them pro-actively of yet another change to what was promised earlier. But hey, that’s probably the difference between “customer support” and “customer service”. Browsing Fora, I find more complaints about your customer support than about the device itself. On one hand that’s promising, on the other hand I think you should start wondering…

Hi @igor1963, I’m sorry you have been experiencing these issues. I completely understand your frustration, the situation is definitely not ideal.

I think you misunderstood my previous statement. If you have yet to receive you unit, you will be receiving the 900w. As of now, all WI-FI shipments are 900w, so if you ordered a WI-FI unit, you are getting the 900w version, unless you contacted support specifically requesting a 800w because they can be shipped out faster.

We are working as hard as we can to get everyone their devices as soon as possible, and giving everyone the most up to date and accurate information. The shipping times have changes because our manufacturer changed their estimated deliveries to us last minute, so we have updated the site and everyone affected as soon as we know.

There has been a huge influx of questions and concerns for support to answer, and I assure you we are doing our very best to respond to everyone as fast as we can.

I really wish there was more I could do to get your unit sooner. Please don’t hesitate to ask anymore questions you have and don’t forget we are real people behind the screen doing our best to help you :slight_smile:

My apologies once again.

@HunterC,

Below is your comment. I am an international customer so I may get an 800W version according to you. It’s not me misunderstanding your comment or anything else.

I appreciate you understanding my frustration and I know there are real people answering. At least three as I have emails from 3 different people. As I have explained in my emails, the Anova was a gift to be given at our national December 5th holiday. That went sideways due to delivery issues. I got frustrated because I had to accept new 900W items instead of 800W items as reason and one week and 1/2 later your comment (above) indicates I could be receiving the 800W version still.

You mention:
The shipping times have changes because our manufacturer changed their estimated deliveries to us last minute, so we have updated the site and everyone affected as soon as we know.

This is a new update following our email exchange from November 24. You put it up on your site on December 3 without updating me, being “a person affected” by this. As mentioned, I had to find out myself expecting your service department knowing I needed it by December 5. I had no other choice to accept delivery between 5-12 December which by now is delayed again. Next chance is December 25.
Hope you will make this deadline!

1 Like

I sincerely hope they come on time as well. We are doing everything we can, I will let you know if there are any updates!

@igor1963 I believe you did misunderstand regarding the 800w unit. @HunterC was referring to a unit that had already been shipped and received by another customer. Basically, if you haven’t received a wifi unit yet, it will be the 900w.

I’m also awaiting my delayed order. However I have received emails alerting me to the delay. I have never had to chase up a pending order as I feel I have always been kept in the loop. Maybe the email regarding delays have been flagged as spam by people’s email client and filtered to their spam folder as such. Not Anova’s fault.

1 Like

@MarkFugs,

thanks for your comments. As I do get all the regular emails (last one on “batch cooking” yesterday, the Anova Eats - 7 recipes on Tuesday and all the other holiday discount emails) as well as 7 support emails prior to December 3 from Hunter Conrad, Bill Clark and Angela Hernandez in my inbox and nothing in my spam folder, not receiving delayed delivery emails must be my fault as it isn’t Anova’s according to you.

It should have arrived on December 2, which changed to December 5-12 which changed to December 14-21 and now Anova is “hoping” it arrives in time. I also do hope so because it is a gift choosen because of quality, ratings, design, usability and so forth and is a necessary part of a € 500 thank-you-gift-kit for sausage making (everyone is entitled to their hobby…) for a dear friend. Everything else is also paid for and received. missing is just the sous-vide.

And I do have to follow up delays myself, unlike you. Probably it’s because I am not a native English speaker, but based on the prior mailexchange with Anova on the delays, I expect that when Bill tells me it will arrive between December 5-12 it actually does arrive in that time frame. Hunter now hopes (see above) it gets in time (i.e. before the 25th following my last comment) and I read a difference in the certainty-factor of the item’s arrival.

I’ll just wait and hope for the best. Thanks again for your help and apologies for my language skills

1 Like

Thanks for being so understanding, I think your language skills are great! (I would not have guessed that you were not a native speaker :wink:)

I will do my best to keep you in the loop so you can include the sous vide in the sausage making kit.

I ordered my cooker two weeks ago and the tracking number shows it still has not shipped. It is #US15874. Can someone please check its status and get back to me since I need it before Christmas. Thank you.

Hi @Dene ,

you will need to contact support@anovaculinary.com and they can track your order for you!

I did. They didn’t respond. Can you please track it.